The purpose of this role is to assist in overseeing a portfolio of clients, ensuring all finance functions run smoothly and all daily, weekly, monthly and annual internal and external reporting requirements are managed effectively and to a high standard. The person will be key contact for all client queries and manage outsourced transactions processing team.
The role will suit an ambitious graduate with experience in business environment or a young professional early in their accounting qualification. The company will provide fully funded study support to the successful candidate to complete ACCA qualification alongside their work, as well as mentoring and training whilst at work by our team of qualified accountants.
General duties and responsibilities
- Assist in production of monthly management accounts for all clients, including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow and variance analysis, as well as client specific management information and KPI reports, accompanied by results commentary
- Support the production of budgets, forecasts and yearly plans as required by clients
- Assist in preparation, review and submission of annual and interim statutory financial statements under FRS 102 and IFRS accounting standards
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns, including partial exemptions methodologies and EU reverse charge mechanism
- Liaising with client auditors and preparing audit deliverables, as well as planning the audit process
- Support cash and capital monitoring and management, including weekly cash flow reports and forecasts, as well as creditors management, FX trades arrangements and funds transfers as required
- Reviewing and approving payroll for all clients, including administration of pension, medical insurance and various benefit in kind deductions, as well as JSOP schemes
- Reviewing bookkeeping entries for all clients, including general ledger analysis and assisting in calculations of complex accounting entries
- Checking and approving the weekly and ad hoc payments on behalf of clients on various online banking platforms
- Meeting clients on a regular basis to present management accounts and understand client needs, as well as advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Ensuring all Companies House fillings are all up to date for each entity, including Confirmation Statement, PSC Register, Share dealing filings
- Assist in the production of monthly reports for submission to the FCA. Such reports include capital adequacy, large exposures, COREP and Non-GABRIEL paper reports. Additional compliance and regular activities, such as AML registration and checks.
- Assist in preparing Corporation Tax returns and liaising with tax advisors
Epic Private Equity Administration Limited (EPEA), an affiliate of EPIC Private Equity, is a London based leading provider of financial outsourcing solutions. EPEA helps a variety of clients, ranging from small start up funds and enterprises with a few investors, to large asset managers and listed companies with their administrative needs. We specialise in alternative investment financial services, broker/dealer operations, private limited companies, high net worth individuals, charities and publicly listed companies.
We offer services globally from our head office in London and regional offices in India and Hong Kong. Our services include accounting, tax, financial regulation and compliance, company secretarial, HR and payroll. We have total assets under administration exceeding £1.5bn. Our primary goal is to provide outstanding bespoke financial and administrative services to our clients. This is achieved by leveraging cutting edge technology, significant professional experience and applying industry best practices.
At EPEA our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we appreciate that every business is unique. Our team of qualified accounting professionals, who have a breadth of experience across a wide range of industries and sectors, ensure that we truly understand the nuances of our clients business. By obtaining a deep working knowledge of our clients and developing close working relationships with key stakeholders, we are able to add significant value to our clients.
- Numerate, self-motivated and accurate
- Good communicator with excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, organise and prioritise
- Willing to take ownership, work without close supervision, while also being a team player
- Proactive and adaptable, able to work well under pressure
- Previous experience in finance and operations is preferable
- Advanced Excel skills preferable
- Looking to pursue an accounting qualification
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A minimum of 2:1 in relevant degree.
- Other degree qualifications with a strong numerical element will be considered.
Accepted degree subjects
Salary will be commensurate with market rates and dependent upon the experience of the successful candidate.
How to apply
Please email your covering letter and CV via the Apply button or post to:
EPE Administration Limited
Audrey House, 16-20 Ely Place
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/02/2018