Business Operations is all about providing back-office support for end-to-end organisational processes, focusing specifically in this role from when a sales deal closes, to invoice processing. Business Operations are therefore a fundamental team within Experian, as they provide an essential connection between various departments and play a key role in ensuring that maximum revenue is returned from our clients.
In this role, you’ll be working as part of the team who processes orders for all verticals, adhering to strict compliance rules whilst providing client access to products in a timely manner. This includes processing invoice requests, credit notes and identifying/fixing billing errors.
As a Business Operations Analyst you’ll be responsible for helping with process mapping, triaging urgent queries and maintaining materials through supporting the Sales Operations team. You will also have the opportunity to identify any process gaps and suggest any process or system improvements.
Day to day you could:
- Perform relevant onboarding checks for opening new accounts and submitting them to the Service and Billing team.
- Process client orders within Salesforce, following guidance requirements and error checking.
- Process all relevant administration relating to client setups on the system.
- Liaise and maintain communication channels with Sales, Support, Finance and other commercial management teams regarding process improvements and ad-hoc queries
- Handle queries sent into the business operations helpdesk, prioritising urgent issues and resolving within agreed timeframes.
- Utilise multiple reports to create batch files, to submit billing requests for finance
- Investigating challenges raised internally and by the client relating to billing and transactions to fix the root cause.
Throughout this placement, adhering to all compliance and global security procedures as well as internal and external audit requirements is vital.
For the last 15 years, we’ve successfully trained Placement Students, many of whom go on to re-join us as Graduates. It’s an exciting time, and we want you on board. If you choose to join us, you can expect industry training, wide-reaching career opportunities and a wealth of support through our Early Careers Network, buddy, line manager & mentor scheme.
Our concept is simple. We believe in expanding horizons – it’s what makes Experian a global leader and a Top UK Tech Employer.
Placement Dates: July 2024 – August 2025
What we are looking for
To apply for this opportunity, you must be currently studying on an undergraduate degree, and able to undertake a year in industry placement starting in July 2024 and ending in August 2025. We accept applications from all degree backgrounds, but you will ideally be studying towards a Business or Numerical degree, and have an interest in business processes.
Due to the nature of the role, strong verbal and written communication skills are essential and you should be able to use Microsoft Office packages such as Excel. You’ll also need to be highly organised and detailed oriented, with good time management skills as this role will require you to balance multiple priorities, problem solve and collaborate with various stakeholders.
Whilst we have adopted a hybrid way of working, this role is based in London and requires the successful applicant to work in the office on a weekly basis. Please only apply if this location would be suitable for you.
Accepted degree subjects
- marketing and advertising studies
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
We aim to respond to all applications no later than the week after the closing date.
For this role we aim to hold online Assessment Centres W/C 12 February* (*Subject to change)
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 January 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 January 2024