If you’re looking for a challenging, rewarding placement opportunity with global coverage – do not miss your chance! This is an exciting, 13-month Industrial Placement within Experian’s Global Security Office.
As an Information Security Analyst Placement Student, you will complete rotations across two different teams. Starting in the Security Partners team, you will be providing support to internal Business Units with significant project changes. You will then rotate into the Third Party Security team where you will be supporting risk-based assessments to ensure that parties on-boarded to Experian have effective control environments.
This placement will provide you with valuable insights into real-world security challenges faced by institutions and the strategies employed to mitigate risks. You will be collaborating with seasoned security professionals in safeguarding our company's digital assets, ensuring compliance with industry regulations, and contributing to the overall cyber security posture.
It’s an opportunity to work within a busy department, where fresh ideas and innovation are not only highly regarded but a necessity.
You can expect to:
- Work with Project Managers to complete project security assessments (PSA) to ensure new or significantly changed systems, networks and or applications have required security controls in place.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Project Managers to ensure security requirements are understood and implemented as part of the project lifecycle. The responsibilities also include staying with the project through the cycle (from inception to product implementation) and validating the implementation, as needed.
- Work with Business Relationship Owners to ensure relevant assessments and questionnaires are completed, highlight any gaps for remediation, and support discussions with SMEs to provide evidence and effectiveness of controls.
- Work with SMEs within the business to capture non-compliance, ensuring justification, and mitigating controls are appropriately captured.
- Adhere to departmental Key Performance Indicators, leveraging departmental reporting metrics.
- Escalate risk issues and details to your Regional Information Security Officers (RISOs) as they appear.
If you choose to join us, you’ll receive industry training, wide-reaching career opportunities and a wealth of support through our Early Careers network, buddy, line manager & mentor scheme.
Our concept is simple. We believe in expanding horizons – it’s what makes Experian a global leader and a Top UK Tech Employer.
What we are looking for
To apply for this opportunity, you must be currently studying on an undergraduate degree, and able to undertake a year in industry placement starting in July 2024 and ending in August 2025.
Due to the technical nature of this role, you will need to be studying a STEM related degree or be analytically minded, as it’s important that you are confident working with and understanding data.
You will need to be comfortable using Excel and Microsoft Office Suite. Any previous experience of using software such as PowerBI is desirable but not essential.
It’s important you have a reliable nature and have an attention to detail to deliver accurate information. As you’ll be working with critical documentation you must be comfortable with numbers and written material.
We look for students who aren’t afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo and in return will provide you with the support to launch your career.
Whilst we have adopted a hybrid way of working, this role is based in Nottingham and requires the successful applicant to work in the office at least two days per week. Please only apply if this location would be suitable for you.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
We aim to respond to all applications no later than the week after the closing date.
For this role we aim to hold online Assessment Centres week commencing 5 February 2024 (*Subject to change)
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 January 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 January 2024