If you’re after a challenging, rewarding placement opportunity with global coverage – do not miss your chance! This is an exciting, 13-month Industrial Placement within Experian’s Global Business Resilience Office (GBRO) working in the Service Continuity team.
The Service Continuity team are global with team members located in UK&I, North America, Costa Rica, Brazil & Spanish Latam. You will be gaining valuable insight into mitigating risk exposure, planning & responding to disaster situations & threats along with how Resilience programmes are implemented in a large blue chip organisation.
It’s an opportunity to work within a busy department, where fresh ideas and innovation are not only highly regarded but a necessity. The successful candidate can come from any degree background but must have an open mind and a “solutions based” approach.
Although this role isn’t IT specific, you’ll get exposure to many types of IT systems and how client facing products are made up of various components which underpin recovery plans. This means that you will build a very good view of how a large organisation is constructed!
Supporting a Regional Service Continuity Manager, you will be:
- Supporting the Business to design and deliver their IT recovery plans, which includes assisting with the reporting of various programmes.
- Deepening your understanding of “Resilience” and how this affects organizations with a commercial lens.
- Maintaining essential documentation, including different levels of recovery plans, audit action plans, as well as regular document reviews and refresh where appropriate.
- Working closely with members of the GBRO teams (including those based in / or responsible for other global regions), the wider Experian teams and departments.
- Assist in the development of recovery testing solutions and testing activities.
- Support the delivery of exercise and training activities.
- Understand how policy and risk frameworks are implemented and feed into real world situations & follow up on risk mitigation activity
- Work with data sources to produce meaningful Management Information
You must be able to use your own initiative and propose solutions to ongoing programmes whilst maintaining critical documentation and working within a team environment.
Why choose us?
Our colleagues’ health and wellbeing are a top priority for us, that’s why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money, and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it’s your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or preparing for the next big milestone in your life, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We look forward to receiving your application.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together.
Start Date: July 2023
What we are looking for
To apply for this opportunity, you must be able to undertake a year in industry placement in 2023 as part of your undergraduate degree at a UK university. The placement will start in July 2023 and end in August 2024.
We welcome applicants from any degree background. If you are studying towards a degree in Emergency & Disaster Planning or another Risk degree, that would be desirable but not essential.
It’s important you have a reliable nature and have an attention to detail to deliver accurate information. As you’ll be working with critical documentation you must be comfortable with numbers and written material. If you have a passion for people, processes, technology and business, this role is ideal for you.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
We aim to respond to all applications no later than the week after the closing date.
For this role we aim to hold online Assessment Centres week commencing 24 April 2023 (*Subject to change)
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 2 April 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 2 April 2023