Could you make a difference as a tutor at Explore Learning?
Everyone remembers that person who inspired them; a teacher, a friend, a family member. Someone who changed how they saw things and helped them to see their potential. That’s exactly what our tutors do.
At Explore Learning, our mission is to develop the next generation of fearless learners. We are looking for passionate and inspiring people to make a difference to the many children that attend our education centres and online tuition sessions.
What will you be doing?
- Tutoring maths and English to groups of up to six children of mixed ages, abilities and learning needs. This will be based in our centre, with the possibility of delivering online tutoring from home.
- Tailoring your approach – supporting children to learn and progress at their own pace
- Encouraging children to overcome challenges – celebrating when they have a go and recognising their efforts
Why tutor at Explore Learning?
We’re an award-winning maths and English tuition provider, supporting four-14 year olds after school and at the weekends in a dynamic and engaging environment. Our success is down to our incredible people that live and breathe our mission and goals.
You’ll develop and progress both personally and professionally with the support of your colleagues and our brilliant training programme.
We’ve got all the tools you need to ensure you’re providing the very best learning experience for our members; this means there’s no lesson planning or marking to factor in.
What you need to know
- Flexible contract with regular shifts available – your contract has no minimum set hours; this means you let us know in advance the hours you are available to work. The majority of our tutors work the same shifts each week.
- You'll be a registered employee of Explore Learning, which means you'll be eligible for holiday pay, sick pay and a range of other benefits.
- You'll have the opportunity for career progression via our Tutor Fast-track pathway.
- Our hourly rates are £5.35-£8.72 for all centres outside the M25 and £5.85-£9.22 inside M25. Holiday pay is calculated and paid to you monthly, depending on the number of hours you have worked.
What we are looking for
- Passionate and engaging with outstanding communication skills
- A team player: collaborative, resilient and receptive
- A credible and professional role model
- Due to Ofsted regulations, you must be aged 17 or over to apply.
- You'll need grade C / five or above in maths and English GCSE (or equivalent).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £23,000 - £26,500
salary dependant on centre location
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
We may fill this vacancy before the closing date if a suitable candidate is successful.
Explore Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All applicants will be expected to undertake employment checks, a Disclosure & Barring Service check and provide previous employment references.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 October 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 October 2020