At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY's Forensic Data Analytics (FDA) practice is a global, data-focused team within the Forensic & Integrity Services (FIS) department. Our team supports clients in dealing with the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes.
The FDA team practices the full life cycle of data analysis from the early stages of data discovery and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. Our engagements typically require working with large datasets from disparate sources to support investigations, disputes and proactive risk detection. Our projects primarily involve FTSE100 clients covering a wide range of industries such as life sciences, oil and gas, government and telecoms.
Your key responsibilities
- Work with blue chip clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sensitive situations
- Be involved in the end to end lifecycle of projects - Data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), analysis, visualisation, deployment and client delivery
- Handle a large amount of structured and unstructured data from a variety of data sources
- Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of large datasets using a wide range of technologies, database management systems, Business Information reporting and visualisation software
- Develop algorithms and solutions to detect, respond, prevent, continually monitor and investigate areas of fraud, bribery & corruption, misconduct and financial crime
- Develop supporting material using a suite of visualisation software to clearly present the benefits of the analysis to clients
- Align to various strategic teams in the areas of technology and innovation
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive total rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: you’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: we’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: we’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: you’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
What we are looking for
- Ability to work independently and learn new technologies as needed
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous consulting experience and experience with any of the below areas would be an added benefit:
- Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
- Data visualisation software: Spotfire, Tableau, or Power BI;
- Azure cloud computing platform;
- Big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop;
- Statistical techniques (regression, clustering etc.);
- Machine learning, pattern recognition, NLP etc;
We are looking for tenacious and curious individuals with a desire to ‘get to the bottom’ of things. You will be intellectually rigorous, with extremely strong analytical skills, have a passion for data, be adaptable and show an ability to build strong relationships.
Strong academic qualifications with a degree in a STEM discipline (computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 April 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 April 2021