Do you aspire to build a career in a technical role within Financial IT?
Our client is one of the UK’s “Big 4” Banks and is currently investing heavily in new technology and techniques to improve efficiency and effectiveness in their sector both domestically and internationally. Their solutions include:
- Test automation which involves using tools and frameworks to write automated test scripts using programming languages such as Java, C#, Ruby etc.
- Exploratory testing which involves defining and executing tests and raising defects concurrently to increase the speed at which we can test and provide feedback to stakeholders.
- Supporting agile processes by improving the collaboration and development of shared skillsets between testers and developers.
FDM is a leading IT graduate employer and we are seeking a number of high-calibre candidates to join our award-winning Graduate Programme as junior automation quality engineer.
How is the programme structured?
Your journey as an FDM Junior Automation Quality Engineer will begin at our training academy in Central London and will become part of a community of talented graduates where you will attend a fully funded 11 week technical training programme which includes the following topics;
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (an industry recognised qualification)
- Manual testing i.e. how to write and execute test cases, create defect reports etc.
- Test automation which involves Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber
You will receive mentoring and support throughout your training and once deployed, after successfully completing your training, you will be working for FDM as a junior automation quality engineer, within our financial client’s technical development teams.
What will I be doing?
You will join our Client’s experienced technical delivery team as a junior Automation Quality Engineer to ensure consistent level of quality functionality across all products, ensuring that the clients customers receive the best possible experience. You will be working within a fast paced and dynamic Financial Markets environment, in cross disciplinary teams, creating software solutions and supporting to reduce risk and increase profits.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Review software requirements to ensure they are clear to all aspects of the business
- Work closely with Business Analysts to determine the scope of testing on projects
- Collaborate with developers to identify unit tests for their code
- Create automated tests to support build verification activities
- Create and execute tests to check the functionality of the software works as expected
- Raise issues with the development team when the application does not behave as expected
- Work with business stakeholders to identify the priority and severity of defects raised
- Re-test defects that have been fixed by the development team
- Engage the support team to identify workarounds and solutions for production issues
We provide you with
- The opportunity to receive industry recognised training and qualifications
- Development of cross functional IT skills e.g. stakeholder management, communication, planning and managing pressure
- Understanding of core software testing principles and practices e.g. risk management, reviewing documentation, writing and executing test cases, raising defects
- A foot in the door to one of the world’s most reputable organisations within the Finance Industry
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire FDM journey
- In developing cross functional skills, you will have the flexibility to progress your career into more senior roles including a Test Manager and roles outside of testing such as Business Analyst and Production Support.
- Modern and central training academies
- Social events and networking
What we are looking for
- Passion and enthusiasm to succeed within the IT industry
- Passion for collaboration and enthusiasm for building good team dynamics
- Have an analytical mind-set so that you can identify the variety of tests that could be run to validate functionality
- Knowledge of the Software development lifecycle
- Have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to all different types of people in the software development lifecycle
- Have the curiosity to think of a range of approaches that could be used to break the software
- Knowledge of the test lifecycle and testing tools such as Selenium and Jira
- Have the professional pessimism to see the negative aspects of software no matter how high in quality it seems
- Are excited to work in London (City/Bank)
A STEM, technology, computing, engineering, maths or similar subject - 2:2 Bachelors (Hons) degree level or above
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/06/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details