FDM Group is seeking candidates with an interest in technology to join our Data Engineering Graduate Programme. We accept applicants from all degree backgrounds, as you will be provided with 10 weeks of industry relevant training covering diverse languages including SQL, Hive QL, Python and Spark. You will learn how to process massive amounts of data, create data flows, manage data lakes, design real time streaming and batch type data ingestion pipelines. We will also guide you on how to manage advanced tools and frameworks as well as to solve various data problems. Upon completion of your remote training, you will become a fully-fledged FDM Consultant and will start working on site with one of our Investment Banking clients based in Belfast.
During your placement, you will be involved in exciting projects covering high volumes of data sets, transformations, business requirements, geographies and stakeholders. As a Data Engineer, you will have a crucial role in designing and creating data-centric scalable solutions, vital to helping organisations understand their data and facilitate growth. Some of your responsibilities will include checking that overnight data exports, transformations and imports have ran to schedule and any broken problems are fixed, managing and processing huge databases and becoming an expert in distributed data storage and computing frameworks.
What we offer you
- Commercially relevant remote training from industry experts, covering both technical and professional skills, to ensure you are business ready
- Opportunity to work with a market leading client in Belfast as an integrated part of their team
- Ongoing career support throughout your entire FDM journey including continued professional development, mentoring and networking events
- Opportunity to achieve industry recognised qualifications
- Chance to launch a career in one of the most in-demand tech fields
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication skills
- Right to work in Belfast
- Demonstrable interest and desire to work in technology
- Commitment to at least two years of further employment with FDM upon completion of training period
- Degree level qualification (2:2 or higher)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 11 October 2021