You will manage the IT systems and services that are currently used as vital components of a business’s operations. As a consultant, you will be working to resolve any incidents which occur by analysing the situation, determining what has happened, finding solutions and fixing the issue.
The roles you will deploy into within Junior IT Operations Analyst will require you to use management and communication skills in order to solve all technical problems effectively, this is a great role if you have an interest in technology, are of a robust nature, and thrive in a fast paced and exciting working environment.
You will work as a professional FDM Consultant on site within one of our tier 1 banks based in Leeds and Manchester. FDM will develop your niche skills that are currently in very high demand in today’s IT industry.
What’s in it for you?
- Commercially relevant training located in our Leeds academy
- ITIL Certified
- Experience working on-site with our renowned client base
- Professional skills development through quality training
- Ongoing support and mentoring
- Accelerated career progression
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology
- Recognition for your achievements including our monthly consultant awards
The role is extremely diverse and as it is a busy, operational role, your day to day would be a fresh challenge each day tackling major incidents through root cause analysis. It provides you with a fantastic opportunity to learn how IT Services are delivered to the business down to how systems interoperate and function. The following are some example roles which previous candidates have deployed to:
- DevOps Engineer with a large insurance provider, responsible for migrating existing applications from physical data centres into the Cloud, creating and managing infrastructure using AWS. Rebuilding part of the teams’ estate of servers every three months as part of a company-wide policy.
- Service Analyst with a large asset management organisation, ensuring the Production Support team provides a sufficient level of service support to applications used in various parts of the business, meeting with stakeholders, defining processes and performing continual service improvement.
- Application Support with an FX trading organisation, supporting an OTC derivatives confirmations platform, an online platform Banks, hedge funds and alike use to legally confirm Rates, Equity and Credit trades. Supporting workflows in order for clients to submit trades to clearing houses and regulatory regimes. Providing support and assistance to clients regarding incidents and trade queries.
- Past candidates have moved from analyst roles into management roles within the space of six months, so the scope of opportunity you have going into the role of IT Service Management is huge
The position also creates a wealth of future career opportunities, with future roles including DevOps Engineer, Project Management and Cyber Security Specialist. Many graduates who are keen to pursue a career within IT Operations Analyst pathway have a fantastic opportunity to progress to a permanent position with their client or join FDM on a permanent basis.
An example of this would be if an organisation could no longer pull data from a shared data resource, leaving them unable to generate reports and customer invoices. As a ITSM consultant your training kicks in and you immediately ask ‘what has changed?’, initiating your investigative nature to interrogate system logs and dashboards to determine the quickest way to resolve the issue. At the same time as all this you will be managing stakeholders across the business at all levels in order to provide reassurance their critical business system will be back in play as soon as possible.
What we are looking for
We welcome graduates to apply with any degree background - you don't have to study IT to work in IT.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/06/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details