Do you aspire to build a career in a technical role within Financial IT? Are you interested in understanding how financial services platforms work? Are you passionate about discovering how things work, analysing and diagnosing problems and innovating solutions?
FDM recruits, trains and deploys talent around the world and we are working in partnership with a specialist provider of hosted applications, asset management solution platforms and technology, consulting, disaster recovery and business continuity services. We are seeking a number of high-calibre candidates to join our award-winning Graduate Programme as software developers. Once your training is completed, you will work with financial service systems involving retirement fund administration, asset management, business analytics and business process management.
How is the programme structured?
Your journey as a Software Developer will begin at our Glasgow academy, where you will receive 14 weeks training and the chance to gain industry recognised qualifications, as well as mentoring and support throughout. Our award-winning Graduate Programme provides a wealth of opportunity to gain transferable skills as well as becoming an expert within your field. After successfully completing your training, you will be working at a high-profile banking institution in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Central Belt as a software developer, regularly reporting progress to the development team.
What will I be doing?
As part of the technology team you will be delivering innovative technological solutions to provide fast and reliable systems to place trades, deliver value and gain competitiveness in the market. The aim is to consolidate and simplify the technology architecture in order to increase the efficiency of the key infrastructure platforms, increase cyber security and adopt public and private cloud programmes.
You will work closely with finance professionals and learn how technology can be utilised to manage risk in a global financial institution.
- Implementing software design, testing and deployment of best practices.
- Identify opportunities to improve technology infrastructure and execute the process of planning and communicating change.
- Develop and code the applications and platforms which will involve high technical analysis, problem solving and mathematical skills.
- Work in an agile environment, focusing on supporting releases of products and platforms;
- Network monitoring, Trouble-shooting and incident management.
- Run and maintain code bases, application health and demonstrate automate testing capabilities.
What we offer you
- Placement in one of our high profile clients in Glasgow, Edinburgh or around the Central Belt
- Comprehensive industry recognised training in a range of technologies to prepare you to succeed as a software developer and qualifications
- Key skills development e.g. stakeholder management, communication, planning and Microsoft Excel
- A foot in the door to some of the world’s most reputable organisations
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire FDM journey
- Modern and central training academies
- Social events and networking
- Work as an FDM consultant with market-leading clients in the Financial Services sector
- Recognition for your achievements with monthly Consultant awards for high achievers
Whether you’ve been studying for a role in the technology industry or not, we have exciting opportunities available for you. With start dates on 19 and 26 November, make an application today to secure a place at our assessment centre.
With the world at your fingertips, all you have to do is click apply.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable interest in finance and technology with a drive to build a successful career in financial services
- Can demonstrate and/or provide examples of their coding capability and required skills for the following; Java; Microsoft .Net / C# programming language; Python; SQL database programming
- Development of documentation for the deployment and operation of software
- Ability to work independently and as a team depending on tasks
- Ability to follow and adhere to company processes and standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines effectively
- Big ambitions to succeed within the IT industry
- Commitment to work for FDM for a minimum of two years with the potential to transition into a permanent employee
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to work under pressure and in fast-paced environments
Graduates with a degree, preferably within science, technology, computing, engineering, maths or a similar subject.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 05/11/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Edinburgh · Glasgow|