Responsible for the smooth and effective day to day administration and coordination of the HR department.
Principle accountabilities/ duties and responsibilities:
- To manage the process for new starters, including completion of new starter packs and contracts, creating new starter files, checking proof of identification and other key documentation
- To manage the process for leavers, including maintenance of records and liaising with other relevant departments.
- Responsible for initiating payroll notifications and maintaining the notifications system. Ensure that all departments comply with procedure.
- Upload HR files and post information accurately and in a timely manner to electronic records, including personal detail changes.
- Dealing with general departmental enquiries e.g. letter requests, reference requests, benefits agency forms etc.
- Managing the weekly staff recruitment process and supporting the monthly staff process by posting job adverts and arranging interviews, conducting testing sessions, become a ‘Super User’ for the company’s online recruitment system
- Assisting with and delivering the corporate induction and responsible for smooth onboarding process for all candidates.
- Responsible for Values In People Reward Scheme, issuing letters, attending to the noticeboards and actively promoting the scheme throughout the site
- Assisting in the maintenance of training records, coordinating reports on compliance levels across the site
- Responsible for managing different formats of communication channels such as the Finsbury text messaging service, the electronic noticeboards and the corporate website.
- Responsible for the coordination of the Employee Engagement Survey and support the team in engagement activities as appropriate.
- Support, where necessary, in other areas such as taking minutes at disciplinary or appeal hearings.
- Manage a wide range of administrative tasks, demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail.
- Processing and completion of queries from employees and other departments in a professional and confidential manner
This is not an exhaustive list of the roles and responsibilities of the role.
At Finsbury Food Group, we produce a wide range of cakes, bread and bakery snacks for the main UK supermarkets own labels, and for leading high-street restaurant chains, hotels and pubs. We also make celebration cakes under licence for many well-known brands such as Disney, Nestlé, WeightWatchers and Thornton’s, and are a leading maker of speciality breads such as Cranks and Vogels. Our bread division produces fresh and frozen rolls, hot cross buns, muffins, artisan bread, healthy lifestyle and organic breads, baguettes, doughnuts and morning pastries. Our cake division creates premium sponge cake, loaf cake, seasonal cakes, celebration cakes and individually portioned sweet snacks, such as chocolate cake bites, cake slices, cake bars and mini rolls.
- Excellent communication skills
- A polite, friendly and approachable manner
- Strong efficiency/punctuality
- Strong organisational skills
- A methodical, accurate and articulate approach to tasks
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team effectively
- Flexible working attitude
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Applications
Accepted degree subjects
business and management studies
Hamilton · South Lanarkshire
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: 20/03/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 20/03/2018