COVID-19 update: It's business as usual at First Derivative, we are recruiting now and throughout the year. In-line with Government guidelines we are following the social distancing recommendations and all interviews are currently being conducted by telephone and video calls.
This extension of our Financial Engineering stream is designed to provide a solid base for all legal stream consultants in the substantive legal areas affecting capital markets. It smoothly complements the other CMTP components that all FD consultants receive during the initiation phase of their engagement. For legal consultants, it provides the necessary skills and knowledge base to assist clients from the first day they arrive on site. The ability to pick up financial and technical training is essential.
The Legal & Compliance route, coupled with the deep financial knowledge taught in the other CMTP components, produces legal consultants who have deep understanding of both a client’s financial products and the substantive legal areas in which that client does business.
Working for FD
At FD, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive salary
- Extensive health care package
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group life protection benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD internal network and sports and social calendar
What we are looking for
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem-solving, a passion for learning
- A confident communicator, competent in client interactions
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- The ability to pick up technical training and apply this to client projects
- Strong academic background – ideally a 2.1 degree in mixed legal degrees (e.g. law and finance/law and economics/law and acccounting) or legal graduates with experience in banking/finance are preferred
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and information technology
Additional job details
- Northern Ireland
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Once you've submitted your application we aim to respond within two-three weeks. If your application is successful you will be invited to an initial short telephone interview, followed by a video interview.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 July 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 July 2022