First Derivatives plc is currently recruiting for a number of HQ and Overseas roles in our Data Scientist stream.
These roles offer candidates a unique opportunity to enter the Big Data world where the emphasis is on problem solving using a combination of analytics, imagination and business understanding.
Candidates will be exposed to the latest technologies for both structured and unstructured data including the market leading kdb+ database and q analytics language.
This is a consultancy based role. After your initial training in Northern Ireland, you may based on international projects in client sites.
- Highly acclaimed capital markets training from market experts
- Up to three months training at HQ in Ireland Intensive workshops in highly sought after kdb+ programming skills
- Working on International projects for Tier 1 Investment Banks
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A minimum of AAB at A-level (or equivalent in leaving cert points)
- A minimum 2:1 in a degree in computing, mathematics, statistics, data science, physics, engineering or a similar quantitative discipline
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
Accepted degree subjects
physics · economics · mathematics · aerospace engineering · mechanical engineering · chemistry · accounting and finance · computer sciences and IT · engineering management
plus generous graduate expenses package worth £60,000. This is including a weekly food allowance, flights home, utility bills and wifi.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 50+
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 18/12/2017