First Derivatives plc is currently recruiting for a number of HQ and Overseas roles in our data scientist stream.
These roles offer candidates a unique opportunity to enter the Big Data world where the emphasis is on problem solving using a combination of analytics, imagination and business understanding.
Candidates will be exposed to the latest technologies for both structured and unstructured data including the market leading kdb+ database and q analytics language.
This is a consultancy based role. After your initial training in Northern Ireland, you may based on international projects in client sites.
- Highly acclaimed capital markets training from market experts
- Up to three months training at HQ in Ireland Intensive workshops in highly sought after kdb+ programming skills
- Working on International projects for Tier 1 Investment Banks
What we are looking for
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
- A minimum of AAB at A-level (or equivalent in leaving cert points)
- A minimum 2:1 in a degree in computing, mathematics, statistics, data science, physics, engineering or a similar quantitative discipline
Accepted degree subjects
- aerospace engineering
- mechanical engineering
- accounting and finance
- computer sciences and IT
- engineering management
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- Competitive salary
plus generous graduate expenses package worth £60,000. This is including a weekly food allowance, flights home, utility bills and wifi.
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25 September 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment