First Derivatives plc is currently recruiting for a number of HQ and Overseas roles in our data scientist stream.
These roles offer candidates a unique opportunity to enter the Big Data world where the emphasis is on problem solving using a combination of analytics, imagination and business understanding.
Candidates will be exposed to the latest technologies for both structured and unstructured data including the market leading kdb+ database and q analytics language.
This is a consultancy based role. After your initial training in Northern Ireland, you may based on international projects in client sites.
- Highly acclaimed capital markets training from market experts
- Up to three months training at HQ in Ireland Intensive workshops in highly sought after kdb+ programming skills
- Working on International projects for Tier 1 Investment Banks
What we are looking for
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
- A minimum of AAB at A-level (or equivalent in leaving cert points)
- A minimum 2:1 in a degree in computing, mathematics, statistics, data science, physics, engineering or a similar quantitative discipline
Accepted degree subjects
- aerospace engineering
- mechanical engineering
- accounting and finance
- computer sciences and IT
- engineering management
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25/09/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||50+|
plus generous graduate expenses package worth £60,000. This is including a weekly food allowance, flights home, utility bills and wifi.