First Derivatives plc is currently recruiting for a number of HQ and Overseas roles in our Data Scientist stream. These roles offer candidates a unique opportunity to enter the Big Data world where the emphasis is on problem solving using a combination of analytics, imagination and business understanding. Data Scientists explore vast amounts of information to detect patterns, trends and correlations that enable businesses to improve their products, services and revenue.
The skills required, and the techniques learned apply across various industries and we are heavily involved with financial markets, utilities and telecoms to name but a few. Those selected will embark on an exciting career that combines technical prowess with business insight and commercial acumen. Candidates will be exposed to the latest technologies for both structured and unstructured data including the market leading KDB+ database and q analytics language, Hadoop, SAP HANA, IOS and Android all of which are hosted across best-in-class hardware, mobile and cloud-based platforms.
This is a consultancy-based role. After your initial training in Northern Ireland, you will be based on international projects in client sites.
- Award winning training
- Up to three months training at HQ in Ireland Intensive workshops in highly sought after KDB+ programming skills
- Working on International projects for Tier 1 investment banks
- Competitive salary, free accommodation, expense package
- Rapid career progression
- Private healthcare
What we are looking for
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
- A minimum of AAB at A-level (or equivalent in leaving cert points)
- A minimum 2:1 in a degree in computing, mathematics, statistics, data science, physics, engineering or a similar quantitative discipline
Accepted degree subjects
- aerospace engineering
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- engineering management
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- UK wide · Worldwide
- Competitive salary
plus generous graduate expenses package worth £60,000. This is including a weekly food allowance, flights home, utility bills and wifi.
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18 August 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment