A fast track Software Engineering option for highly technical graduates with an interest in cutting-edge technology and the capital markets sector. You will help us develop our Kx Product Suite and be based locally, or travel and work as a Software Engineer at our client sites.
The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with other members of a small team and the end user, often a trader.
This is a consultancy based role. After your initial training in Northern Ireland, you may based on international projects in client sites.
- Highly acclaimed capital markets training from market experts
- Up to three months training at HQ in Ireland
- Intensive workshops in highly sought after kdb+ programming skills
- Working on international projects for Tier one investment banks
Qualifications and experience requirements
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
- A minimum of BBB at A-level (or equivalent in leaving cert points)
- A minimum 2:1 degree in computing, computer science, software engineering, mathematics or engineering or a similarly quantitative discipline
Accepted degree subjects
physics · economics · mathematics · chemical engineering · business and management studies · aerospace engineering · mechanical engineering · pharmacy and pharmacology · computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering · psychology · engineering management · environmental science and ecology
plus generous graduate expenses package worth £60,000. This is including a weekly food allowance, flights home, utility bills and wifi.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 50+
Apply online via our website.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/10/2017