This stream is a fast track Software Engineering option for highly technical graduates with an interest in cutting-edge technology and the capital markets sector. Those chosen for this stream will help us develop our KX Technology and be based locally or go work as a Software Engineer at our client sites around the world.
Development is often in new areas of finance (e.g. exotic derivatives or in esoteric areas of curve building) and the developer will need an understanding of core financial concepts. The developer must be able to communicate effectively with other members of a small team and the end user, often a trader. The developer may in fact be responsible for all main post business analysis aspects of the software cycle including testing, documentation, integration, training and bug fixing.
- Highly acclaimed capital markets training from market experts.
- Up to three months training at HQ in Ireland Intensive workshops in highly sought after KDB+ programming skills
- Working on international projects for Tier 1 investment banks
- Competitive salary, free accommodation, expense package
- Rapid career progression
- Private healthcare
What we are looking for
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
- A minimum of BBB at A-level (or equivalent in leaving cert points)
- A minimum 2:1 degree in computing, computer science, software engineering, mathematics or engineering or a similarly quantitative discipline
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- UK wide · Worldwide
- Competitive salary
plus generous graduate expenses package worth £60,000. This is including a weekly food allowance, flights home, utility bills and wifi.
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18 August 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment