COVID-19 update: It's business as usual at First Derivatives, we are recruiting now and throughout the year. In line with Government guidelines we are following the social distancing recommendations and all interviews are currently being conducted by telephone and video calls.
An accelerated entry point to our established partnerships with the world’s top trading technologies vendors. Successful applicants to this stream will receive training in our dedicated centre of excellence enabling a fast-tracked career path, working with clients across major financial centres on the industry’s leading capital markets trading and risk management platforms.
We have immediate opportunities available, as well as further intakes throughout 2020.
With over twenty years of global experience in financial services and capital markets, First Derivatives plc has become an internationally recognised partner to the world’s largest third-party trading and risk management providers.
We rely on the depth of expertise of our global technology trading division to continue to design, develop, implement and support a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems for the benefit of our clients.
Those chosen for this stream will:
- Experience accelerated career development, underpinned by our continuous investment in learning world renowned third-party trading and risk management technologies
- Receive on-going mentoring and leadership opportunities throughout a defined career path with senior management to guide you every step of the way
- Be given an outstanding opportunity to apply their learning to immediate, real world issues with internationally recognised clients
- Receive a highly sought-after transferable skill set in a trading system used by the majority of the leading global financial institutions
- Highly acclaimed capital markets training from market experts.
- Up to three months training at HQ in Ireland Intensive workshops in highly sought after KDB+ programming skills
- Working on international projects for Tier 1 investment banks
- Competitive salary, free accommodation, expense package
- Rapid career progression
- Private healthcare
What we are looking for
- An inquisitive mind-set and an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits
- A minimum of AAB at A-level (or equivalent in leaving cert points)
- A minimum 2:1 in a degree in computer science, mathematics, finance, engineering or a similar quantitative discipline
Accepted degree subjects
- aerospace engineering
- computer sciences
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- UK wide · Worldwide
- Competitive salary
plus generous graduate expenses package worth £60,000. This is including a weekly food allowance, flights home, utility bills and wifi.
How to apply
Once you've submitted your application we aim to respond within 2-3 weeks. If your application is successful you will be invited to an initial 10-15 minute telephone interview, followed by a 30 minute video interview.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18 August 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment