If strategic thinking and the opportunity to become a future leader in our business sound like your thing, we want to take you on a journey. Over the course of two years within our Bus or Rail divisions, you’ll realise that by choosing FirstGroup today, you have the ability to open endless doors for yourself tomorrow. Whilst gaining the operational knowledge you need, our Operations programme is specifically designed to support your development, encourage your aspirations and challenge your thinking from the get-go. Wherever you want to end up, there really isn’t a better place to start than here.
We’re part of a fast-moving industry, and your role will see you utilising your skills to spot new opportunities and find ways for us to improve. You’ll need to be flexible in your approach, as you may need to move around a region or network depending on whether you join us in Bus or in Rail; By working with different teams, you’ll broaden your experience and prepare yourself for whatever comes next. It’s all about building upon what you already know, putting that into practice, and being prepared to innovate and overcome challenging obstacles.
In return, you can expect great rewards and benefits – we look after our people – plus loads of training and learning delivered on the job, through feedback and coaching, and via formal training.
We’ll provide you with everything you need to succeed today so that you can lead the next generation tomorrow.
FirstGroup today, Operations Manager tomorrow?
What we are looking for
If you’re a talented and passionate graduate ready to step into a fast-paced working environment, the only other things we’ll need from you are:
- At least a 2:2 in any degree subject or an equivalent qualification.
- To be a natural team worker who builds strong relationships at every level.
- A good logical approach and the ambition to drive your own development.
- An understanding that with safety coming first, our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
- To have set your sights on a rewarding career as an operations manager who can deal with people.
- To be able to see the bigger picture and understand the impact our decisions have on our customers, colleagues and the bottom line.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 January 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 January 2022