We are looking for talented individuals to undertake a 12-month paid work placement, as part of our Business Placement Programme. Successful candidates would work in our Finance department, starting in September 2017.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a global automotive industry leader. From you first day with us you will share responsibility for major business decisions. The Finance function within Ford seeks to inspire and enable our business partners to achieve business objectives while building pride, capability and leadership in our people. Upon joining the Finance team, your focus will be in supporting one of our key business functions: Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Marketing & Sales, Accounting, Profit Analysis, Internal Control, Business Strategy, Treasury or Internal Audit.
Typical intern responsibilities might include:
- Supporting the development of a budget and business plan
- Liaising cross functionally to develop analytical profit forecasts for each vehicle line
- Developing current vehicle reporting finance information for management review
- Financial management of manufacturing plants
- Control of investment costs for new vehicles on a global basis
You will gain insight into Corporate Finance and will develop both analytical and professional skills that will be of benefit to you in your future career. You will have the opportunity to take on real responsibilities, and to work as an active member of cross functional teams, liaising with people at all levels of the business. You will likely also have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues from other Ford locations around the globe, and contribute to international projects and work-streams.
If you’re interested in a Ford internship with Ford, we’d like to hear from you. Click Apply button.
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Michigan, manufactures and distributes automobiles across six continents. Ford has about 197,000 employees and 67 plants worldwide, and the UK is one of our most important markets outside the US.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and passion about our business and our customers
- A drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to build strong relationships, and be a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- A can do, find a way attitude
- A positive approach and an ability to inspire others
- Experience of delivering high quality work to deadlines
- Creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation and self confidence
Accepted degree subjects
economics · business and management studies · accounting and finance · law and legal studies
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
Closing date: 31/08/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 10/04/2017