Frontier was founded in 1989 when, in association with the WWF, we helped set up a protected marine research park on a remote island in Tanzania. Since then, Frontier has grown to be the premier provider of gap year, volunteering, internships and ethical travel. With accredited Frontier qualifications through ASDAN and EDEXCEL, you can combine fun and adventure with the chance to improve your CV.
We offer over 300 volunteering and internship placements in countries throughout Africa, Asia, South America, Europe and Australasia, offering you unlimited adventures beautiful locations. We have used our wealth of experience and knowledge in the field of ethical travel, conservation and community to ensure that we find you the perfect project. On a Frontier placement, you can learn a multitude of skills, discover hidden talents, gain qualifications and make lifelong friends.
Explore the global opportunities below and visit our website for more information:
- Pre-departure support and documentation
- Travel and medical advice and documentation
- Advice on visas and equipment
- Discounted medical kit
- Free Frontier t-shirt
- UK residential briefing weekend including food, accommodation and training (extra cost applies)
- Two meals a day during weekdays
- Project orientation and training
- In-country emergency support
- 24-hour international HQ backup
- Airport transfer available (extra cost applies)
What we are looking for
The profile of our ideal candidates is varied. You could be a graduate interested in a gap year opportunity; you could be still completing your educational programme or looking for a career change. Our opportunities are designed to help you design new skills and gain valuable experience which will only benefit your CV and life experience.
No experience or qualifications are neccesary for this project, however we can support you if you intend to undertake study whilst on the project. Applications are very welcome from those planning a career in conservation, or those who just want to have a unique meaningful travel experience.
Accepted degree subjects
- literature and creative writing
- social sciences
- tourism, hospitality and event management
- marketing and advertising studies
- biology and life sciences
- geology and geographical science
- media studies and publishing
- environmental science and ecology
- animal care and veterinary science
Additional job details
- South America
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 17 January 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment