As a Bid Manager, you will work in a fast-paced bid environment managing a bid team to ensure we bring out the best of Fujitsu in an attempt to win profitable business with both new and existing customers. Bid Managers have end-to-end ownership of the bid process, and you will have the opportunity to get involved in multiple aspects of work throughout the process, ranging from defining the win strategy and competitive analysis at the start of the engagement, solution development, crafting a bid response, costing and pricing, through to facilitating contractual discussions to win exciting business for Fujitsu.
You will initially undergo an induction period to understand the approaches, processes and tools associated with sales and bidding. You will for a period, shadow an experienced Bid Manager/Director on a live bid. You will have excellent mentors from the Bid Management Community working closely with you when you start working on your first Bid.
Your mission will be to be part of a winning culture of passion, accountability, customer obsession, excellence, and learning. To inject energy and drive and to build trusted partnerships across Presales, the business lines and functions.
What is in it for you?
- Build a network with colleagues from a range of functions, e.g. Sales, Presales, Commercial, Delivery, Finance, Transition, Senior Management
- Build a solid understanding of the sales process
- Learn more about Fujitsu as a whole and the capabilities we have
- Develop a strong foundation of commercial skills which will serve as a great platform throughout your career
- Develop leadership and management skills
- Through your work, you will often have a high level of visibility from senior management
- Have a tangible impact towards the success of Fujitsu
- Gain exposure to clients helping you to develop client-facing skills
- Qualification: contribute towards the qualification process for new opportunities
- Governance: take a live bid through Fujitsu’s internal assurance and governance
- Strategy development: define the win strategy, solution strategy and pricing strategy
- Team collaboration: manage teams which consist of individuals from a variety of functions
- Commercial insight: input to and review the commercial aspects of the bid
- Bid response: ensure the delivery of high quality bid responses both on time and within budget
- Customer interaction: interface with the client as required
What we are looking for
- Passion for excellence – able to “get the job done”
- High Energy – engaging and passionate and able to enthuse others
- Situationally self-aware - tailor communication style and message to ensure maximum impact on different audience
- Desire to win and naturally bold – resilient and inspired by an innate motivation to achieve results
Our Graduate Programme is only open to candidates eligible to work in the UK. We also welcome candidate applications from Postgraduate students.
For any IT and Technology positions, we require you to have completed or be studying a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) subject, or have relevant technical experience.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
Joining bonus of £1000, with pay increase every six months during the two year programme (based on performance)
How to apply
Please note, you can only apply for one Graduate role. Any multiple applications for different roles will be rejected by the recruitment team.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 February 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 February 2020