Do you wish to pursue your career in an industry that offers boundless opportunities? Do you want to be at the leading edge of technology? Do you want to work with technology to create a more sustainable future? If so, then perhaps we can help you.
As a Degree Apprentice at Fujitsu you will be allocated to one of our Junior Talent Role streams. Each role stream will provide you with the specific training, network and support you need to get off to a flying start in your careers at Fujitsu.
To compliment the role stream specific training, you will also undertake a 24 month modular development programme. This covers key skills such as self-awareness, leadership, business awareness and business knowledge. Each module will provide you the opportunity to take charge of your own development and allow you to expand your network with the full Junior Talent cohort across Europe.
Fujitsu are running an exciting apprenticeship programme where you will be enrolled on a four-year BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship.
You will be aligned to Software Development, which will enable you to develop your skills in Digital Engineering (Software, Platform & DevOps) Testing and Agile disciplines. Throughout your apprenticeship programme you will:
- Attend university studies one day a week and earn while you learn
- As part of your Professions, you will receive technical and people-skills training
- Gain appropriate accreditations in digital technologies
- Coached & mentored by a wide variety of highly skilled, diverse and experienced people
- Be part of a high-performing team
- Balance work, life and study in a company that puts people at the heart of what we do
As part of your apprenticeship, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team carrying out activities such as:
- Working with both external and internal customers to deliver exciting customer projects that have relevant business challenges within different industry and government sectors
- Create great software products by using a broad range of digital technologies
- Gain experience of industry leading methods, tools and standards to deliver exceptional digital experiences for our customers
- Developing and growing your technical skills by collaborating with more experienced team members
- Opportunity to experience different roles in the Digital Engineering lifecycle
- Growing critical communication and collaboration techniques
Fujitsu Software Developers work across a variety of business areas, if successful you would be selected to work within any of the following areas:
- AMCS - Application & Multi Cloud Services - You will be joining a team which, as one of its objectives, nurtures early careers professionals to become good all-round software developers. We utilise Agile methodologies and open-source technologies as appropriate to our customers’ requirements.
- DDAC – Digital, Data & Cloud. - You will be working with a highly skilled team focused on digital product creation, cloud-native mastery, and advanced consumer engagement and insight through modern application development and data-driven intelligence.
In addition, we can offer you:
- A competitive starting salary of £20,000
- Funding for books to support your study
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible benefits
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Weekly wellbeing hour
- Flexible working
- English and maths GCSEs (Grade A-C or Level 4 or above) - proof of academic qualifications required at the application stage
- 112 UCAS points (BBC or Equivalent BTEC)
- Experience or interest in IT
- Some applicants may not have traditional qualifications as listed above, and have prior learning and skills developed from the workplace, these will be considered on a case by case basis
Additional job details
- Bracknell · (office or customer based two – three days per week)
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Assessment Centre’s will take place in April/May
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 17 February 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 17 February 2023