As Vehicle Systems Engineer you will form part of our Fleet team, being involved in the full software lifecycle in developing and maintaining software for specialist applications for industrial computers. You will provide support in software development and support to our engineers.
G4S Cash Solutions is the UK’s leading provider of integrated cash handling services, transporting, storing and processing cash for a wide range of customers. To meet the challenges ahead, it’s essential that we’re supported by people who share our values – including our commitment to delivering the right solution through our expertise.
All employees of G4S Cash Solutions have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Each employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
In addition to competitive pay, bonus and company car we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, health checks and childcare voucher scheme. We also believe in promoting our best people from within the business.
To succeed as a Vehicle Systems Engineer you will need to be able to demonstrate / deal the following:
- The ability to operate at all levels within the organisation under demanding deadlines
- PLC programming
- Fault diagnostics
- To provide new vehicle security control system
- Ability to write and interpret software flow charts
- Ability to write and interpret software specifications
- Ability to write and interpret technical reports
You must also have:
- The ability to pass CRB, personal credit and ID checks and be prepared to undergo airport style searches
- A checkable 10 year employment, unemployment, and educational history
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
- Good computing skills including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Accepted degree subjects
Flexible Working Location around the UK - National Travel Required
How to apply
Closing date: 28/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/01/2018