Not only are we changing the sector we operate in, but we are also changing the experience for the people that work for us. GX is built on technology, and logical, consistent systems apply methodologies to calculate prices. With a relentless focus on high-quality commodity pricing, we employ analysts (not journalists) who focus solely on ensuring that our price assessments reflect market realities and that our rigorous methodologies are executed appropriately.
We are looking for enthusiastic and analytical new or recent graduates to join our team; to learn and contribute to our business as it grows – and take on early responsibility as part of a team where everyone rolls up their sleeves to get the job done.
GX is launching a module of price indexes to reflect the North Sea and European crude markets. The graduate analyst will help spearhead the development and launch of these services, working with the Pricing Director and other senior GX personnel.
GX is seeking a full-time graduate analyst to join the pricing group, reporting to the Pricing Director. The analyst will --
- Learn the basics of commodity trading and the price assessment process
- Under the supervision of our market experts, help produce the daily benchmarks that we distribute to our clients
- Work with our tech-team to programme the algorithms that underpin existing and new price benchmarks
- Build new tools and processes to support the business as it grows
- Research new markets
What we are looking for
- Highly proficient working with Excel/similar software
- High level of numerical accuracy and comfort working with large data sets
- Experience programming in Python or similar
- An interest in oil/energy markets
- Must have the right to work in the UK
Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a leading university
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
Additional job details
- London · Covent Garden
- Competitive salary
Private health care; bike to work scheme; paid holiday and sick leave; remote working
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please email your full CV andcovering letter via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27 September 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 October 2021