We are seeking an experienced clerk to join our Client Services and On-Boarding team.
The firm operates through different entities in each jurisdiction. Working as a clerk, you will be responsible for dealing with new enquires to all firms in the Giambrone group, liaising with the lawyers to provide fee estimates, drafting and sending letters of engagement, dealing with the administrative side of client on boarding, maintaining client relationships administering the billing of files for the fee earners. The role is integral to the success of the firm, both as a legal practice and as a business.
This is a demanding but rewarding role within a well-established team, for which you need to possess a combination of commercial acumen, legal knowledge and strong interpersonal skills.
You can expect to be undertaking the following tasks on a day-to-day basis:
- discussing with a client the most appropriate lawyer to take the case in terms of specialisation, particular abilities, experience and availability (being aware of any potential conflict of interest);
- negotiating fees to be charged;
- arranging meetings;
- informing the clients of progress and, in case of a delay, renegotiating the agreed timetable of work as required’
- proactively seeking work for the firm by undertaking marketing activities, such as holding seminars and hosting events.
- keeping up to date with specific areas of law and the specialisms of the lawyers within the firm.
- running business activities and the administrative systems to meet quality standards.
- keeping accounts and arranging the collection of case fees.
What we are looking for
- excellent face-to-face communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with clients, barristers, solicitors, court officials.
- an awareness of appropriate language and etiquette.
- a good telephone manner and strong written communication skills.
- excellent negotiation skills.
- commercial awareness and sales skills, to maintain the supply of work.
- attention to detail and accuracy.
- computer literacy.
- the ability to absorb a lot of information.
- initiative, integrity and self-motivation.
- organisational and planning ability.
- a reasonable knowledge of the different areas of law, in order to appreciate which barrister might be appropriate
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £24,000 - £35,000
salary is negotiable (depending on experience) and there will be a performance related element if targets are met; plus bonus payment that is directly related to the income of new work.
- Contract, dates and working times
Start Date 1 September 2020
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12 August 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment