Our Industrial Placement schemes are a year-long opportunity for university students on a four year sandwich course. The scheme offers students the chance to gain a strong start to their career by gaining valuable work experience within a thriving, fast-paced business.
- Our 12 month Industrial Placement scheme in HR offers you two six month placements – the first within our central HR Team based in our Head Office in Basingstoke, and the second within one of our operational depots supporting the local HR team.
- During your first placement with us, you will gain exposure to a variety of different areas in HR through your involvement in HR project work. You will take ownership for seeing project work through from creation to implementation, and engaging the wider business and HR team in delivering key objectives.
- Within your operational HR depot placement, you will support the local on-site HR team with day-to-day HR activities including recruitment, absence management and employee engagement initiatives, as well as assisting with wide HR projects.
- Due to the nature of our scheme you must be flexible with your location of employment, as you could be based in any one of our numerous UK sites for your second placement.
Alongside your career, you’ll receive a great range of competitive benefits; including private healthcare, pension scheme, 25 days holiday and a discretionary performance-related bonus scheme.
At Gist, we pride ourselves in transforming supply chains, with a proven track record spanning 50 years. Our vision is to be our customers’ first choice for logistics, innovation, excellence and partnership.
Gist’s unique proposition lies in our expertise in transforming large-scale end-to-end supply chains for our food retailer customers – from farm to factory, production to distribution centre and delivery to supermarket, convenience store or restaurant.
Gist has a national network of strategically placed sites and the largest temperature controlled transport fleet in the UK. This winning combination enables Gist's customers to reduce their environmental impact and deliver the best possible experience to their customers, every day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Our reach extends globally. Through our control tower capability, Gist solves problems for customers in the increasingly complex and demanding world of global supply chains- moving chilled, perishable, ambient and hazardous products by air, sea and land.
Our customers include Starbucks, EAT, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Morrisons and 2 Sisters Food Group.
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic industrial placement students to join us. Our aim is to recruit the best people with the best attitudes and we provide the necessary development for you to be successful on the scheme.
- You will need to be extremely driven and motivated, and have a real desire to make a difference.
- You will also need to share our passion for people, both as a team player and as a future senior manager in Gist.
- The job is not nine-five and won’t be repetitive – you will be out and about, getting involved and really making an impact on the way we do things to constantly improve our performance. Geographic mobility is important, as well as the possession of a full driving licence and a car.
Qualifications and experience requirements
In order to be considered for our Human Resources Industrial Placement Scheme you must be on track to receive a bachelors degree in any degree discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Number of vacancies: one
Closing date: 06/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 06/11/2017