The scheme consists of two twelve month operational placements at different sites within our UK network, providing first-hand experience of leading people and experiencing how our business operates.
Our graduates join us as a Team Manager within one of our large Marks and Spencer Food warehouses, taking responsibility for managing a shift and a team of up to 30 people. You will experience a full 24 hour operational cycle by supporting various shifts and operational peaks, including Christmas, all within the same site.
Your development as a Team Manager will continue to develop throughout your second placement, where you will take on additional senior site management responsibilities. Your final placement is your opportunity to hone your people management skills, as well as to further develop your commercial and operational acumen.
Where will I be working?
- You could be based at any two sites across our UK network and therefore flexibility with location is vital throughout the course of the scheme.
- You will work within the warehouse and transport divisions, with guaranteed exposure to both over the course of your two placements, as well as experience primary and secondary businesses.
- The environment is fast-paced and not your normal nine to five. You will be required to work shifts, nights and weekends in order to ensure that our operation continues to deliver for our customer.
What will I get out of it?
- You will gain real management responsibility from day one, rapid progression, industry leading training, coaching and mentoring– developing you to become one of our future business leaders
- Alongside your career, you will receive a great range of competitive benefits; including pension, private healthcare, 25 days holiday and a discretionary performance-related bonus scheme.'
At Gist, we pride ourselves in transforming supply chains, with a proven track record spanning 50 years. Our vision is to be our customers’ first choice for logistics, innovation, excellence and partnership.
Gist’s unique proposition lies in our expertise in transforming large-scale end-to-end supply chains for our food retailer customers – from farm to factory, production to distribution centre and delivery to supermarket, convenience store or restaurant.
Gist has a national network of strategically placed sites and the largest temperature controlled transport fleet in the UK. This winning combination enables Gist's customers to reduce their environmental impact and deliver the best possible experience to their customers, every day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Our reach extends globally. Through our control tower capability, Gist solves problems for customers in the increasingly complex and demanding world of global supply chains- moving chilled, perishable, ambient and hazardous products by air, sea and land.
Our customers include Starbucks, EAT, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Morrisons and 2 Sisters Food Group.
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic graduates to join us, with the aspiration to become one of our future business managers within our operational business. Our aim is to recruit the best people with the best attitudes, and we will provide the necessary development for you to be successful on the scheme.
- You will need to be extremely driven and motivated, and have a real desire to make a difference.
- You will also need to share our passion for people, both as a team player and as a future senior manager in Gist’s IT function.
- We are looking for graduates to join us who possess strong organisational skills, and a willingness to work with and learn from a diverse team of individuals.
- The job is not nine-five and won’t be repetitive – you will be out and about, getting involved and really making an impact on the way we do things to constantly improve our performance. Geographic mobility is important, as well as the possession of a full driving license and a car.
Qualifications and experience requirements
In order to be considered for our Graduate Project Management Scheme you must have gained, or be on track to receive, a minimum 2:2 bachelors degree in any degree discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 10
Closing date: 11/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 11/12/2017