Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Automation Engineering
Are you a highly capable engineering graduate with the skills to design, develop, improve and maintain robust, leading-edge manufacturing technologies? If so, you could be part of a supportive engineering team, ensuring we have the latest technology and processes to deliver billions of packs of live saving medicines to customers every year.
Develop your career
Over three years and three stretching rotations, our Future Leaders Graduate Programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll get to meet senior leaders and network with other graduates from across GSK. You’ll also receive a generous development budget to accelerate your learning. Which all adds up to a role that’s designed to transform talented engineers into key, senior figures.
What will you do?
- Introduce new digital technologies to transform our business
- Optimize the performance of control systems for our manufacturing operations, e.g., maintaining and troubleshooting site control systems
- Deliver automation projects, such as defining and implementing design improvements, upgrading and installing control systems and robotics systems, and ensuring that suppliers and site equipment comply with international standards
- Testing and commissioning
- Identify and mitigate potential Cyber security risks or vulnerabilities
- Gain hands-on knowledge of digital technologies, the business and the role that Automation plays in supplying our patients
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for a successful career. After you complete the Programme, you’ll have the skills to become a leader of the future. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Developing your skills in an industry that’s making radical changes to the way it develops and manufactures products
- Building an understanding of the state-of-the-art technologies we use
- Working with (and in) cross-functional, multi-cultural teams – delivering business critical projects.
- Managing multi-discipline engineering teams
- Having a generous development budget to accelerate your learning
- A salary of £30,000
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Access to healthcare and well-being programmes, pension plan membership, savings programmes, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programmes, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
What we are looking for
- To be a self-motivated and proactive graduate
- To be enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- To be a natural team worker
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- To be analytical and process driven with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Willing to move between sites and relocate domestically.
BSc degree in automation engineering, mechanical engineering, mechatronics engineering, electrical/electronic engineering, manufacturing engineering, robotics technology engineering, chemical engineering or related field with interest in automation, robotics, systems, software and/or cyber security. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2021.
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- aerospace engineering
- engineering management
- computer sciences
- civil engineering and construction
- chemical engineering
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Barnard Castle
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
*You can apply to only one Future Leader Program in the UK
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic - you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here.
We’ll close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible. You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2021