Working within the production support teams and/or the site strategy team, you will focus on delivering business improvement projects helping to ensure our product is right first time and manufactured as safely and efficiently as possible. The role may include
- A range of projects each increasing in complexity, which may include yield maximisation and process optimisation projects.
- Quality and safety improvement projects
- Data analysis and trending to identify performance improvements.
- Cross functional working across a range of functions including engineering, quality, microbiology, new product introduction and logistics.
- Learning about human factors and growth mindset
What we are looking for
- Well-organised students with a high level of self-motivation and strong communication skills.
- A passion for embracing opportunities and continuous improvement.
- Motivation for implementing change
- Drive to get things done.
- Good at building relationships with people
- Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
Must be studying an undergraduate degree in science, engineering or related degree.
You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
- environmental science and ecology
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- health sciences
- biology and life sciences
- engineering management
- computer sciences
- civil engineering and construction
- transport engineering
- agricultural sciences
- food sciences
- mechanical engineering
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- aerospace engineering
- chemical engineering
- materials science
Additional job details
- Barnard Castle
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Additional details: the Virtual Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in the week of the 23 November 2020
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our virtual assessment centre dates.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Virtual assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 October 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 October 2020