What does a Capability Improvement industrial placement have to offer?
This placement is an exciting opportunity to work in a new function, R&D Resourcing, Contracting and Capability within our global consumer healthcare R&D organisation. Working with the R&D Capability Improvement Lead you will be liaising with both internal and external groups and organisations to support learning and development initiatives.
In particular you will:
- Use available tools such as surveys to assess gaps in capabilities across the organisation. You will build a mechanism to ensure that we have regular updates on the status of learning and development and any gaps
- Liaise with internal groups such as Global Learning and Development to create purpose built engaging training programmes to bridge these gaps
- Work with the R&D Capability Improvement lead to design and roll out a communications plan designed to raise awareness and highlight the importance of a Learning and Development culture and activities of the team
- Working with the R&D Capability Improvement lead, devise appropriate metrics to determine the effectiveness of delivered training, culture change and the progress of the Capability team towards our 2019 objectives
- Support Trainers by assisting with logistical arrangements
- Proactively scan the external environment for new solutions to design impactful and innovative learning solutions. This could be the subject of a placement dissertation if required by your university
- Create a portfolio plan to enable us to track training under development and in the implementation phases
- Support the creation and maintenance of an intranet site to guide users on where to get the information they need
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will have a desire to explore the learning and development field, project management skills to drive delivery, an interest in the future of learning, creative vision and a passion for making training experiences effective and engaging.
You should be on track for a 2:2 or above in an undergraduate degree in business, management or psychology or other related discipline.
You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates. If you have what we’re looking for apply today.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2020.
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 December 2019