What does a Chemical Engineering industrial placement have to offer?
A Chemical Engineering placement in one of our GSK manufacturing sites will give you hands on practical application of the theory from university.
Our sites produce a huge range of different products, from tablets and inhalers to toothpaste and mouthwash.
During your 12 months with us, you’ll gain experience in areas such as:
- Process improvement activities to ensure good manufacturing practice
- Safety and/or quality risk assessments
- Plant commissioning/design (change management and validation)
- Project management and planning
- Leading root cause analysis investigations.
- A range of manufacturing processes, such as: dry blending, milling, enzyme extraction, solids separation, evaporation, powder mixing and transfer, granulation, coring, tablet compression, film coating of tablets, roller compaction, milling, tablet or bottle filling
Whichever role you go into you will be applying the skills you already have and developing new skills such as; team working, effective communication and time management.
You will work with and learn from an experienced team of multi-disciplined engineers. They will coach and mentor you during your year to help you achieve your potential.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for well-organised, patient-focused students who are passionate about problem solving and the products we make.
- Must be on track for a 2:1 (or above) in an IChemE accredited undergraduate degree. You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
- chemical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
The assessment centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in:
- Maidenhead – week commencing 26 November 2019
- Worthing – from mid-November to mid-December 2019
- Montrose – from the 2 to the 21 of December 2019
- Weybridge – from mid-November to mid-December 2019
- Ware – week commencing 11 November 2019
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 October 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 October 2019