An opportunity exists for talented undergraduates with a passion for communications to play a significant role in supporting internal and / or external communications at one of our world class pharmaceutical sites. Working alongside a small team on site and off-site communications specialists you will gain experience of how effective communications contribute to the success of a world leading pharmaceutical manufacturing site.
The role may include:
- Keeping employees at all levels informed of change, performance and progress at the site
- Being involved in delivering the sites communications strategy.
- Organising town halls, site conferences and specific campaigns
- Writing, designing and giving presentations
- Drafting news stories, case studies and features for internal and external communications channels from digital to print.
- Preparing materials from brochures to videos
- Creating clear and consistent messages using multiple communication platforms.
- Embedding the culture, mindset and behaviours demanded by our values
- Sharing and celebrating our successes.
- Interacting with different levels of the business to ensure the appropriate approach is taken to engage staff across all functions
- Utilising a range of digital and physical materials in a number of different channels and platforms.
This office-based placement will suit students looking to gain broad experience and exposure to the multiple business areas. It is perfect for students looking for experience in business/communications, but it also suitable for students who have experience in written communication/video communication in different forms (e.g. university newspapers, video editing experience.) Communications is an important function area for businesses across the world, therefore this placement gives excellent experience for a variety of future roles and opportunities.
What we are looking for
- Creative and outgoing
Must be studying an undergraduate degree in media, marketing, communications, humanities or a related discipline.
You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- media studies and publishing
- marketing and advertising studies
Additional job details
- Barnard Castle
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our virtual assessment centre dates.
The virtual assessment centre for successful applicants is expected to take place on 16 November 2020.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Virtual assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25 October 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 25 October 2020