The most exciting job right now. Data is changing the way we think and work at GSK. It’s crucial to the future of our business.
Do you have a passion for technology and maths? Do you want to make a difference? And, do you want to have fun doing it?
Then what a time to join the world’s largest consumer healthcare business. An apprenticeship is a great entry point for a successful career in data and analytics and you’ll earn while you learn.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training and learn from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. Working with both your manager and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
If you join our Data Analyst apprenticeship, you’ll be working towards the Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship certification, the equivalent of the first year of university study.
What will you do?
You will join a two-year programme working in one of our consumer teams with a combination of on-the-job learning and a programme of training and development. Your duties might include:
- Conducting a range of analytical techniques to collect, organise and study data
- Making recommendations based on data insights to improve business performance
- Assist production of performance dashboards and a range of analysis reports
- Present the results of data analysis to a range of stakeholders making recommendations to drive decisions
- Apply the tools and techniques for data analysis, data visualisation and presentation
- Understanding how advanced analytics can be used to create competitive advantage in ever changing environment
- Being part of and supporting change in finance function through Finance Transformation
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your data analytics skills and business knowledge
- Using your problem-solving skills and tools to provide creative, independent, solutions to support GSK’s strategy
- Further building your skills to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Have an opportunity to contribute to and be part of evolving finance landscape
- Achieving Industry accredited qualifications that proves your excellence in data analyses tools.
On successful completion of the higher apprenticeship you will have an opportunity to continue with your education to qualify for a Bachelor’s degree in Data Science (Level 6) while, at the same time, working for GSK.
What qualifications do you need?
- Must have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE (or equivalent) at grades 5 or higher which must include English language (not literature) and Maths at grade 5 or above.
- Must also have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 120 UCAS points from your top three A levels or equivalent (not including general studies).
- STEM subjects such as maths, physics, chemistry, or computer science, or economics etc may be considered as an additional preference.
Start date: September 2020
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Assessment centre dates: March 2020
We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We want you to be motivated and passionate for the Apprenticeship you apply to – we will only accept one Apprenticeship application per candidate each year. Please do your research before applying and select the one Apprenticeship you wish to apply to.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2020