An Electrical Engineering placement in one of our manufacturing sites will give you hands on practical application of the theory from university. Our sites produce a huge mix of different products, from tablets and inhalers to toothpaste and mouthwash.
During your 12 months with us, you’ll gain experience in areas such as:
- Safe Control, Operation and maintenance of the electrical utility, systems and apparatus.
- High Voltage system operations & switching.
- Planning for Shutdown, Emergency and Business Continuity/Contingency planning for the electricity network.
- Supporting EHS on electrical safety matters.
- Leading problem solving activities, including troubleshooting, facilitating decisions and weighing up advantages and disadvantages in order to provide solutions.
- Interpretation and application of standards
- Development of the Site Electrical Strategy and champion related projects in conjunction with the Site Infrastructure and Site Development plans.
- Providing technical support & guidance on the Fire & Security systems.
- Professional Engineering guidance and authorisation of plant modifications.
- Preparation of SAP data, routines and maintenance tasks for authorisation by others.
- Preparation of changes to electrical standards in company documents (GES/SEP/LSOPs).
- Electrical Energy management.
- Supporting initiatives for electrical energy savings.
You will be applying the skills you already have and developing new skills such as; team working, effective communication and time management.
You will work with and learn from an experienced team of multi-discipline engineers, technicians, and operators; they will coach and mentor you during your year to help you achieve your potential.
What we are looking for
We are looking for well-organised, patient-focused students who are passionate about problem solving and working with us to make sure our processes are the best they can be.
Must be studying an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, or similar related subject.
You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Additional details: the Virtual Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in the latter part of November / early December.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our virtual assessment centre dates.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Virtual assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 October 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 October 2020