What does our Finance higher apprenticeship have to offer?
If you have a passion for business, building relationships and ambition to achieve a professional qualification, our apprenticeship is a great entry point for a successful career in finance.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training and learn from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. Working with both your manager and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
You’ll be working towards level 4 Professional Accounting certification, the equivalent of the first year of university study.
To accelerate your knowledge in finance, we will provide you with fully sponsored CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) qualification. CIMA is an internationally recognised qualification that offers specialist management accounting knowledge, which makes it the best accountancy qualification for those who know that they would like to work in the world of business and management like GSK is.
What will you do?
You will join a two-year apprenticeship with two different 12-month rotations, working in one of our finance teams with a combination of on-the-job learning and a programme of training and development. Your duties might include:
- Assisting with financial processes and period end close duties
- Dealing with internal or external customer queries
- Identifying and resolving issues using agreed processes or escalating as appropriate
- Reviewing accounting documents, producing routine reports and summaries for management as required
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your financial knowledge and skills to enable GSK’s business to achieve the best in innovation, performance and trust
- Using numbers to provide unique perspective and independent viewpoint to drive decision making and strategy across GSK’s operations
- Learning how to prioritise and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines
- Shaping your own development and choosing courses in line with your needs and interests
- Working towards your fully sponsored CIMA qualification
On successful completion of the Level 4 accounting qualification, you will have an opportunity to continue to Level 7 CIMA qualification which leads to the Professional Chartered Management Accountant level - the equivalent of a Master’s degree.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
- Must have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE (or equivalent) at grades 5 or higher which must include English language (not literature) and Maths at grade 5 or above.
- Must also have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 120 UCAS points from your top 3 A levels or equivalent (not including general studies).
- STEM subjects such as physics, chemistry, or computer science, or economics etc may be considered as an additional preference.
- You cannot be a graduate or already hold a Level 4 qualification for the Finance Apprenticeship (i.e. AAT, CIMA, CIPFA, HNC, HND, Foundation Degree etc).
Start date: September 2020.
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 20 January 2020