What does a Finance industrial placement have to offer?
Finance supports everything we do here at GSK and, if you join us, you’ll use numbers to make a difference. We offer an independent viewpoint, driving decision-making and strategy across our organisation. We maximise profitability by managing cost, cash and return on investment.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that prides itself on delivering excellence.
Each of our placements in finance is as different as the areas they support: tax, transfer pricing, consumer business finance, compliance, finance capabilities. Wherever you are placed you will be guaranteed to gain both technical and interpersonal skills, for example:
- Working with stakeholders at different levels across the business
- Questioning and challenging current processes to drive improvement
- Presentation skills
- Working cross-functionally with other teams
- Contributing to month-end reporting packs for senior stakeholders
- Analysing data and identifying issues
- Gaining an insight into what finance means in industry
- Developing your knowledge of financial systems and processes
- Building an understanding of drivers of profit and performance
- Opportunities to be involved in short and longer-term projects throughout the year
What we are looking for
We are looking for people who have strong communication skills, the ability to be challenged and are motivated by the idea of a career in finance with GSK.
If you have passion for numbers and drive to make decisions based on your analyses, we are the right placement for you. We can promise a great learning and development experience throughout your year with us! An accounting or finance background is not necessary as you will gain all the skills you require on the job.
- You are on a track to obtain a third or higher in an economics, finance (as a preference), science, maths/physics or engineering degree.
- Must be on track to obtain a third or higher in any undergraduate degree.
- You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
- You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- accounting and finance
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
The assessment centre is expected to take place during November 2019
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 October 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 October 2019