Finance supports everything we do here at GSK and, if you join us, you’ll use numbers to make a difference. We offer an independent viewpoint, driving decision-making and strategy across our organisation. We maximise profitability by managing cost, cash and return on investment.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that prides itself on delivering excellence.
If you have passion for numbers and drive to make decisions based on your analyses, we are the right placement for you. We can promise a great learning and development experience throughout your year with us! An accounting or finance background is not necessary as you will gain all the skills you require on the job.
Each of our placements in finance is as different as the areas they support: Tax, Transfer Pricing, Consumer business finance, Compliance, Finance Capabilities. Wherever you are placed you will be guaranteed to gain both technical and interpersonal skills, for example:
- Working with stakeholders at different levels across the business
- Questioning and challenging current processes to drive improvement
- Presentation skills
- Working cross-functionally with other teams
- Contributing to month-end reporting packs for senior stakeholders
- Analysing data and identifying issues
- Gaining an insight into what finance means in industry
- Developing your knowledge of financial systems and processes
- Building an understanding of drivers of profit and performance
- Opportunities to be involved in short and longer-term projects throughout the year
What we are looking for
We are looking for people who have strong communication skills, the ability to be challenged and are motivated by the idea of a career in finance with GSK.
Must be studying and undergraduate degree in, preferably economics or finance, or science, maths, physics, business and engineering.
You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
- accounting and finance
- environmental science and ecology
- business and management studies
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- health sciences
- computer sciences
- civil engineering and construction
- transport engineering
- agricultural sciences
- food sciences
- mechanical engineering
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- media studies and publishing
- information science and librarianship
- aerospace engineering
- marketing and advertising studies
- chemical engineering
- materials science
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our virtual assessment centre dates.
Additional details: the virtual assessment centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in November 2020.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Virtual assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21 October 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21 October 2020