What does a Formulation Scientist Industrial Placement have to offer?
Formulation scientists within Integrated Biological Platform Sciences (IBPS) design and prepare formulations for pre-clinical in vivo and in vitro studies and have oversight for issues relating to formulation and analysis problem solving, solubility assessment, formulation development, formulation preparation, formulation analysis, formulation stability, excipient toxicity and all compound aspects relating to GLP, safety and outsourcing.
A 12 month industrial placement position is available for a motivated scientist to join our team, learn about and conduct all aspects of the role and undertake a number of investigations looking at improving our processes and providing full characterisation and better understanding of our formulations. This is likely to include one or more of the following:
- Evaluation/validation of a zeta sizer to determine the nanoparticulate size and zeta potential of formulations.
- Investigation of formulation properties of different cyclodextrins for parenteral administration looking at supplier, degree of separation etc.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrate an interest in following a career in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and prioritize work, and effective problem-solving skills. Undertakes independent data analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in your undergraduate degree.
- You will have completed a minimum of two years of a biology or chemistry based undergraduate degree that is requiring a year in industry during the third year. You will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
- The course being studied should include modules that include aspects of both biology and chemistry e.g. biochemistry, natural sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, drug design, biomedical science
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
The Assessment Centre date for successful applicants is expected to be in February/March 2019.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
We will close for applications when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16/12/2018
Additional job details