Are you a self-motivated, adaptable graduate with an interest in Business Ethics & Risk Management? Our Future Leaders Programme is for those who aspire to be leaders, inspire others and relish some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. We believe in focusing on the patient and conducting our business with integrity, transparency and respect for everyone we work with.
We invest heavily in your personal development to prepare you for a career as a leader through regular discussions with your line manager and support from a wide network of colleagues, but you are still the driver of your development. You will also have continuous training where 70% is on-the-job, 20% is through developmental relationships and 10% is through formal training and educational courses.
Develop your leadership potential on our Future Leaders graduate programme
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we’ll help you develop the expertise to become one of our Future Leaders.
This programme runs across two years with 3 rotations. This is to enhance the development of your skills through exposure to the breadth and depth of our company. Global Ethics & Compliance supports the wider business, so you’ll have the opportunity to work across many business areas. Rotation options include central roles within our Behavioural Science, Data Analytics, Data Privacy, Investigations and Corporate Security teams along with business partnering opportunities in our three business units (Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare and Vaccines). The rotations will be stretching, but you’ll be supported by formal and informal learning and coaching. You’ll have the benefit of improving your communications, analytical and influencing skills while gaining valuable leadership training in the healthcare industry.
There is no pre-determined career journey for you to follow completing the programme, so you can pursue your areas of interest, depending on the business need and availability of roles. Graduates who have come off the Future Leader Programme have landed into a variety of roles and some of them have progressed their career into other parts of the business.
What will you do?
- You’ll develop your skills and knowledge of Business Ethics & Risk Management in a Global Healthcare setting
- You will be involved in GSK’s risk management activity, whether on central programmes or in embedded in one of our businesses
- You can expect exposure to our global marketplace
- There will be every opportunity for you to develop transferable skills such as leading cross-functional teams, influencing and presentation skills
- You will be involved in managing projects and prioritising a variety of tasks effectively
- You’ll be analysing and interpreting information which will help you understand the risk trends and insights in the healthcare industry
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. After you complete our Global Ethics & Compliance Leaders programme, you’ll have the skills to become an Ethics & Risk Manager here.
You’ll typically move into an Ethics & Risk Manager role within two years of the Future Leaders programme. And that’s just the start. There’s no typical route to career progression at our organisation – you might be in any department from R&D to manufacturing. Plus, there’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- gaining external accreditation as a ‘Leadership Professional in Ethics & Compliance’
- working in a multicultural environment in a leading global healthcare organisation
- inspiring a team to achieve unprecedented success
Our Future Leaders programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this programme, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
Start date: September 2020.
What we are looking for
- A talented, ambitious graduate with an interest in Business Ethics & Compliance
- Self-motivated and proactive with a questioning, analytical mind
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and perform under pressure
- Skilled at building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Adaptable and cope with change
- Eligible to work in the country you’re applying for
- Written and spoken fluency in your native language and English
A degree in any subject with a passionate interest in global ethics, compliance and risk management
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
How to apply
We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications.
Assessment centre dates: 29 November 2019.
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 September 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment