Whatever the role, you will experience working in a fast-paced research environment with access to cutting edge technology, whilst interacting with industry-leading scientists across multiple disciplines and sharing different experiences. During the internship, the IP student will be supported, given training (laboratory and office practices) daily where applicable until confident to work independently and within GSK health and safety requirements, enrolled in several GSK internal courses as part of company policy, enrol in personal development courses and networking opportunities throughout the year and attend seminars led by GSK scientists.
As a business, we aim to improve global health impact through R&D for infectious diseases that affect children and young people in developing countries focusing on HIV, malaria, and TB.
Our placement in Global Health allows you to be part of the Product Strategy and Access team, which creates and implements strategies focusing on making our medicines more accessible in developing countries by working in partnership with stakeholders across the Global Health spectrum to address unmet need.
What does a global health placement involve?
- Project Management: helping to lead and deliver access and delivery strategies aligned to the GSK’s Global Health strategy.
- Data Analysis: of internal ways of working alongside external insights to inform continuous improvement opportunities around the Global Health business’ capability to develop and launch Global Health innovations brilliantly.
- Content Generation and Curation: Creating proposals, presentations, blog posts, advocacy materials amongst other forms of content to be strategically leveraged across the business and externally to enhance the engagement with and impact of GSK’s Global Health brand in support of driving business critical outcomes.
- Collaboration: Partner with NGOs, amongst a range of external Global Health stakeholders, and GSK colleagues from around the world to utilise a wide range of perspectives and insights to inform identification and execution of optimal tactics to support the access and delivery of medicines in the developing world.
What we are looking for
You need ambition, a genuine interest in global health and a self-motivated, proactive approach.
Must be studying any undergraduate degree.
You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will close when we have filled our virtual assessment centre dates.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Virtual assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 October 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 October 2020