Do you love maths? Well our Data Scientist apprenticeship could be for you.
As a data science apprentice you will develop skills that are key to maximising the quality and efficiency of pharmaceutical processes. We’ve been investing millions of pounds in state-of-the-art pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment. The amount of data these machines are capable of collecting needs organising, studying and insights drawn and recommendations made to enable us to improve our manufacturing performance. And our data science apprentice has a key role to play in this.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. The apprenticeship is four years long and you’ll be working towards a degree (BSc) in Data Science.
Working with both your line and programme manager, we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
You will work across the site combining on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role will involve:
- Working across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of issues
- Learning about and using a range of analytical tools to undertake different types of analyses
- Collecting managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data
- Conducting a range of analytical studies on that data.
- Developing a good understanding of data structures and database systems
You’ll be excited by the thought of working collaboratively with colleagues from manufacturing, technical, laboratory, validation, engineering, logistics and planning – and using your expertise in maths to help our patients and consumer do more, feel better and live longer!
To be eligible for our Data Scientist apprenticeship you will need:
- To have achieved a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent, four of which should be at grade five or higher and include maths and science. Grade four or higher for English Language (not literature).
- To have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points from your top three A-levels including maths
What our apprentices say about the apprenticeship...
“I love that my work supports not only improvements to GSK processes but also clinical trials. I have been here less than a year and I am already working with other teams, providing data and insights that help our processes to be even better”
Our apprenticeships start in September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
How to apply
You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Want to understand our whole recruitment process? Watch our video here.
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Next steps in our application process:
If you seem like a good fit based on your application form, we’ll invite you to complete our World of GSK online assessment. This will give us a better idea of your strengths and suitability for our apprentice programme. Please check your email daily to see if you’ve been chosen – and complete the World of GSK by the deadline given.
If you succeed in the World of GSK, you’ll progress to the GSK Life job simulation. Following this, we will be looking back over the whole of your application so far to decide whether you meet the specific requirements of the programme in the country you have applied to.
The final round is our assessment centre. We anticipate this will be Feb-April 2019.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21/01/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21/01/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Hertfordshire · Ware|