What does a Mechanical Engineering industrial placement have to offer?
A Mechanical Engineering placement in one of our manufacturing sites will give you hands on practical application of the theory from university. Our sites produce a huge mix of different products, from tablets and inhalers to toothpaste and mouthwash.
During your 12 months with us, you’ll gain experience in areas such as:
- Continuous improvement activities to ensure good manufacturing practice
- Safety and/or quality risk assessments
- Plant commissioning/design (change management and validation)
- Mechanical design of systems to problem solve
- Project management and planning
- Leading root cause analysis investigations
- Installation and maintenance practices
- A range of consumer and pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and equipment depending on the site, such as active ingredient manufacturing, granulation, compression, filling, assembly and packaging.
Whichever role you go into you will be applying the skills you already have and developing new skills such as; team working, effective communication and time management.
You will work with and learn from an experienced team of multi-discipline engineers, technicians, and operators; they will coach and mentor you during your year to help you achieve your potential.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for well-organised, patient-focused students who are passionate about problem solving and working with us to make sure our processes are the best they can be.
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in 2.1 (or above) in an iMechE accredited undergraduate degree.
- You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Barnard Castle
- Competitive salary
How to apply
The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in:
- Barnard Castle in mid-November 2019
- Maidenhead in the week of 26 November 2019
- Ware from mid-November to mid-December 2019
- Worthing from mid-November to mid-December 2019
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 October 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 October 2019