A Mechanical Engineering placement in one of our manufacturing sites will give you hands on practical application of the theory from university. Our sites produce a huge mix of different products, from tablets and inhalers to toothpaste and mouthwash.
During your placement with us, you’ll gain experience in areas such as:
- Continuous improvement activities to ensure good manufacturing practice
- Safety and/or quality risk assessments
- Plant commissioning/design (change management and validation)
- Mechanical design of systems to problem solve
- Project management and planning
- Leading root cause analysis investigations
- Installation and maintenance practices
- A range of consumer and pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and equipment depending on the site, such as active ingredient manufacturing, granulation, compression, filling, assembly and packaging.
Whichever role you go into you will be applying the skills you already have and developing new skills such as; team working, effective communication and time management.
You will work with and learn from an experienced team of multi-discipline engineers, technicians, and operators; they will coach and mentor you during your year to help you achieve your potential.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for well-organised, patient-focused students who are passionate about problem solving and working with us to make sure our processes are the best they can be.
Must be studying an iMechE accredited undergraduate degree.
You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Barnard Castle
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Additional details: the Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in the latter part of November / beginning of December.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our virtual assessment centre dates.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Virtual assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 October 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 October 2020