What does a Medical Affairs industrial placement have to offer?
The Medical Affairs Industrial Placement operates both individually and within cross functional teams, providing advice and support to the following customer groups:
- Marketing, medical/ expert marketing
- Professional relations, communications
- Regulatory affairs
- Customer services and external customers, including advertising agencies and market research agencies.
Working collaboratively with the commercial marketing, product safety committee and medical affairs colleagues toward the development of strategies to support new product marketing claims, to both consumers and dental experts, by designing testing strategies to generate robust scientific data. In addition to this a key activity will be evolving the training materials for consumer healthcare safety and labelling committee and the development of Oral Health (OH) Medical Affairs reference documents, on the mode-of-action of oral health typical functional product ingredients from published scientific systematic reviews.
This position reports to the Principal Medical Affairs Scientist (or designee) and works closely with all members of the Medical Affairs team to ensure that the advice provided represents the depth of experience and expertise within medical affairs.
This is an opportunity to experience and be part of the development and implementation of consumer products promotional material, and oral health training, safety and educational materials - at a global scale. The opportunity will provide unprecedented insight and experience into the claims generation process, and scientific capability development at an FMCH company, working with many functions – commercial, regulatory and Medical Affairs and Medical Excellence.
Working with Medical Affairs across a number of brands and therapeutic areas, the Medical Affairs Associate may work across of a number of areas:
- Assisting the development and creation of product claims support.
- Leading a claims programme to help co-create consumer or expert focused claims and communications materials
- Working both individually and with other teams (marketing, regulatory, legal, professional relations) to provide scientific and technical input to help develop consumer relevant claims, and educational/scientific programmes that are supported by robust scientific data.
- Working closely with all members of the Medical Affairs team to ensure that the advice provided represents the depth of experience and expertise within Medical Affairs.
- Coordinating and conducting detailed literature reviews for claims, and mode of action of ingredients.
- Gain experience of Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs and Medical Excellence (for example, understanding of the benefits and risks of the products and their appropriate use for the benefit of patients and consumers).
What we are looking for
- You must be on track for a 2.2 (or above) in chemical, pharmaceutical, foods, cosmetics, medical sciences or related subjects.
- You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
- You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
The Assessment Centre for successful applicants: expected to take place in February 2020.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates. If you have what we’re looking for apply today.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2020.
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 December 2019