Making sure our products, processes and equipment are fit for purpose is an essential role in our business. This latest apprenticeship from GSK provides technical capabilities in the manufacture, support and troubleshooting of new and existing drug products produced at our pharmaceutical production sites. You will develop, execute and complete technical projects, resolve drug product related production and laboratory issues and look to continuously improve existing processes all of which are important steps in the supply chain, demonstrating that we are actively improving the quality of our customers’ lives by consistently delivering products of the highest possible quality.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards nationally recognised qualifications- a foundation degree in applied chemical science, through a combination of distance learning and college attendance. And, if you show the qualities we are looking for, you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for a full degree.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
You can expect to work both individually (when appropriately trained) and as part of a team - taking responsibility for the quality, safety and accuracy of the work you undertake.
You will be aligned to one of our manufacturing sites, combining on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might involve:
- Being part of a team introducing new equipment or processes
- Writing technical reports and protocols for new equipment or processes
- Running project meetings
- Finding the root cause of problems
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Gaining an understanding of a broad range of pharmaceutical equipment and processes as well as an understanding of their potential impact on product, quality and patient safety
- Gaining an understanding of how to validate the processes and equipment to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Developing an understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and their application within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
To be eligible for our Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship you will need to have or be predicted to have the following qualifications at Leaving Certificate:
- At least six subjects
- A minimum of 20 points each in maths and English
- 56 points in chemistry and 56 points in one other subject
- At least two additional subjects (total of at least 6)
- Total number of points 192 minimum
To calculate how these translate to pre-2017 qualifications please follow this link: Pre 2017
What our apprentices say about the Pharmaceutical Technical apprenticeship...
“Every day is different, from running my own projects to attending and hosting meetings or presenting proposed changes to other departments. The apprenticeships structure puts you in control of projects rather than assisting a colleague, so don't expect to be running errands for others.”
“I think that the apprenticeship has given me the confidence which I previously lacked. Before the apprenticeship I would have been very apprehensive of meeting new people and hosting meetings/presentations. Now I do so many that it doesn't affect me anymore.”
“I had planned on going to university like my friends, but the more I researched the apprenticeship, the more it seemed like a better fit for me. Learning on the job, earning a salary, getting a degree without the student debt and getting a head start on the career ladder just made sense, so I went for it.”
“Since I started as a Pharma Tech apprentice, I have enjoyed looking into all of the different roles that GSK offer to people, and gaining a greater understanding of how the site runs on a day to day basis.”
Our apprenticeships start in September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward
- A nationally recognised qualification
How to apply
You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21/01/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21/01/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Cork · Ireland|