What does a Product Development Scientist industrial placement have to offer?
We trust the healthcare products we use every day to be safe, effective and pleasant to use. We want them to help keep us healthy or treat a problem when things do go wrong. But have you ever wondered where those products come from? Who decides what goes into them? How does a product idea go from development in a laboratory to something millions of people use every day around the world?
As a development scientist in GSK Consumer Healthcare you are responsible for supporting the creation of oral care products by developing formulations and/or providing analysis and evaluation of materials and products at all stages of the development process from laboratory to launch.
Would you relish the opportunity to support our business to help improve the lives of people globally? Do you want to gain experience in a responsive, innovative, global business? A placement with GSK Consumer healthcare will give you the practical experience to complement your studies and we are committed to supporting your personal and professional growth.
We have the following opportunities available at GSK Weybridge: two positions in family oral and gum healthcare, one position in sensitivity and acid erosion, and two positions in denture care and dry mouth.
In each role you will:
- Support multiple project teams to develop new products and formulations. Apply scientific knowledge, consumer understanding and awareness of regulatory restrictions to the product development process up to and including product launch.
- Design and carry out experiments to characterise and understand products and raw materials.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of methods or processes.
- Interpret and understand data to draw conclusions and identify next steps.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, multitask and work effectively in a team.
- Ability to apply scientific learnings, principles and techniques to assigned projects.
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organisations.
- Basic understanding of experimental design and statistics with regards to its application to experimental work.
- Ability to collate, organise and report scientific data from internal and external sources.
- Flair for creativity and innovation
- You must be on track for a 2:2 or above in a chemical, pharmaceutical, foods, cosmetics or related science undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
- You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
The Assessment Centre for successful applicants: expected to take place in early February 2020.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates. If you have what we’re looking for apply today.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2020.
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 December 2019