The Strategic Resourcing (SR) team partner with our Fast-Moving Consumer Healthcare (FMCH) Research and Development (R&D) organisation to consistently deliver innovation by the provision of high quality and value-driven global, external R&D.
To do the above, the SR team manages the relationships between GSK and its external vendor network (~150 preferred vendors). SR are the first point of contact for any internal R&D customer wishing to outsource work and facilitates overall outsourcing strategy decisions for R&D.
- The most efficient manner to drive speed into the development processes is to provide appropriate access to GSK systems to enable the transfer of information and facilitate person to person connectivity. The Global Resource Collaboration and Business Analyst (SRCBA) works with the SR Managers to define, improve, consolidate and train both internal and external customers on the mechanisms for creating this connectivity and ensuring compliance.
- In order to build relationships with our key partners we need to ensure we collect feedback on all aspects of the relationship with GSK. This is essential to continuously improve the relationship allowing the partners to deliver high quality, effective services. The SRCBA will work with the SR Managers and key partners to survey, collate responses and make recommendations for future collaborative strategic activities to address any shortcomings or build on strengths.
- Communicating the status of SR initiatives and Vendor performance is critical in raising awareness and maintaining a proactive dialogue with our customers. The SRCBA will work with SR managers to maintain and update the SR communications plan assisting with activities such as; updating the SR Intranet “one stop shop”, collating and distributing monthly communications, maintaining an active presence for SR on forums such as Workplace (Facebook’s solution for global businesses).
- Monitoring the key performance indicators of our vendors and demonstrating the value to the business of SR and the external network is a key area for SR. Working with the SR managers and the portfolio management group, the SRCBA will coordinate capturing, analysing and reporting of key metrics.
- Facilitates planning, development and maintenance of important collaboration tools for the department e.g. database, Intranet site, Workplace etc., in line with GR collaboration strategy.
Working in a support role to the SR team the SRCBA will assist with other aspects as they arise. These could include support for training initiatives, chasing through invoice queries and other tactical requests
In this position the successful candidate will gain insight of the end to end R&D roles and responsibilities and how a team like Strategic Resourcing supports innovation across the whole of R&D.
What we are looking for
- Clear communication in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organisations.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask.
- An ability to organise, analyse and report data from internal and external sources.
- Ability to manage and communicate across diverse cultures, time zones and geographies
Must be an undergraduate studying any degree subject, beneficial if you have an interest in global business management, technology, finance and/or economics
You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will close when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021.
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 December 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 December 2020