During this placement you’ll be taking a lead role in our warehouse and logistics department ensuring our products get to our patients safely and efficiently. You’ll learn about and assist with
- Dispatching products to our external warehouse and logistics partners
- Global distribution chains and product requirements during transit
- Inventory management - including life cycle management of our products
- Raw materials inbound and testing
- Maintaining safety standards by carrying out audits
- Production scheduling and materials management
- Data analysis to identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Investigating any distribution and logistics issues and recommending solutions
- Role in the Logistics Sales & Distribution Lead function. In this role the IP will support the Logistics teams in the delivery of the site supply plans, through management and execution of the sales and distribution processes.
- Role in the Logistics Site Launch & Data Control (SLDC) function. In this role the IP will support the Logistics teams in the delivery of the artwork changes to the site pack range and launches.
- Warehouse role providing the support required to ensure the area is Audit Ready and fully compliant with Safety and Quality standards at all times. Support major projects and NPI activity and lead minor projects. Support NPI / capital projects as customer rep. Complete actions arising from Audits, local improvement initiatives, project plans.
Worthing (Penicillin site)
- Working in the Supply and Logistics, customer planning and/or warehouse teams. You will play a key part in ensuring our products (tablets and sterile liquids) reach our patients and consumers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Typical tasks may include: liaising with suppliers from across the Globe, ordering raw materials and components, ensuring areas are audit ready and full health and safety compliant and supporting changes to the site pack range and launches.
What we are looking for
Well-organised, analytical, proactive, customer-driven students who are passionate about our products and improving efficiencies in our supply chains.
Must be studying an undergraduate degree in business, science, maths, engineering or a related subject.
You will have completed a minimum of two years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Accepted degree subjects
- accounting and finance
- environmental science and ecology
- business and management studies
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- health sciences
- biology and life sciences
- engineering management
- civil engineering and construction
- transport engineering
- agricultural sciences
- food sciences
- mechanical engineering
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- aerospace engineering
- marketing and advertising studies
- chemical engineering
- materials science
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Additional details: the Virtual Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place towards the end of November / beginning of December.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our virtual assessment centre dates.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021
- Eligibility form
- Online assessment
- Application form
- Virtual assessment centre
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 October 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 October 2020