We’re looking for leaders of the future in Technology
Are you a graduate with great tech know-how, who can help us empower our people and drive our business? We have exciting new partnerships with cutting-edge companies – and we’re reinventing how we serve our patients, healthcare professionals and our consumers across our three businesses: vaccines, pharmaceuticals and consumer healthcare.
This is a rare opportunity to develop your skills and learn about the latest technologies and business processes in a dynamic healthcare environment. You’ll also discover the best ways to deliver key agile solutions and work collaboratively to implement our tech strategy.
Develop your career
Once you’re in, you can develop your career and explore what interests you most. Put your tech know-how and enthusiasm to use, and continue to build both as you experience different areas of our Tech business and get to grips with diverse innovations.
Through three varied and challenging rotations, you’ll work on live projects and learn from industry experts. Spend two years exploring different teams with a variety of technological focuses. And, as you work, you'll develop key tech skills, build helpful networks - and create exciting solutions.
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. After you complete our Future Leaders Program, you’ll have the skills to become a tech leader of the future, with a solid foundation for a variety of business and tech careers within healthcare. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
What you can expect from the Tech Future Leaders Programme?
- The chance to undertake roles focusing on our five key strategic capabilities: Big Data, Cloud, Cyber Security, Product Management and Software Engineering
- Contribute to maximum strategic and operational value
- Accelerate your development through tailored training that is intuitive to you and your needs
- Develop fresh thinking and innovative new ideas within your team
- Build key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Implementing innovative, sustainable ways of working that drive business performance
- Unlock the value of emerging technologies to transform the way GSK interacts with employees, patients and consumers
- Continuously improve our systems to support vital business processes
- Join an international community of like-minded graduates who, alongside their day jobs, help shape and run the Future Leaders Program, for example, organizing hackathons, running global tech debates with external leading experts, and more
Our Future Leaders Programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this program, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
Tech within GSK
Tech at GSK is undergoing a period of change and transformation: GSK has the ambition to become a leader within the pharmaceutical industry in the application of digital technologies to drive a step change in performance and competitive advantage.
- A salary of £32,000
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
What we are looking for
- To give accelerated development opportunities, we expect Future Leaders to be geographically mobile (when joining and on the programme for each rotation).
- To be a talented, ambitious graduate with great technology skills
- Fresh thinking with innovative new ideas that boost productivity and efficiency
- To be hungry to learn and develop into a leadership position
- A strong interest in a career in the healthcare industry
- BSc or MSc degree in computer science, IT, cyber security, mathematics/statistics, data science/data analytics, or software engineering. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2021
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Assessment Centre date: 1 December 2020
*You can apply to only one Future Leader Program in the UK
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic - you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here.
You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
You can learn more about Inclusion and diversity at GSK here.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2021